Institutional SAT® Exam
Gordon State College offers the Institutional SAT® exam. You must be a Gordon State applicant to take this exam. (National score requirements differ for admission.)
Minimum Admission Requirements (traditional beginning freshman)
SAT® (Critical Reading) 330
SAT® (Mathematics) 310
Minimum Scores to Exempt Learning Support (with no RHSC deficiencies):
SAT® (Critical Reading) 480
SAT® (Mathematics) 480
Institutional SAT Exam dates for Summer/Fall 2017:
Friday 2/24/17 1:00 p.m.
Monday 3/20/17 9:00 a.m.
Friday 4/21/17 9:00 a.m.
Thursday 5/25/17 9:00 a.m.
Summer testing dates: TBA
Summer 2017 semester begins Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Fall 2017 semester begins Wednesday, August 9, 2017
NOTE: We are only able to administer two (2) Institutional SAT exams to any student.
To register for the Institutional SAT:
Please send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-359-5138.
- your name
- Gordon student ID number
- phone number
- date you would like to test
You will receive a confirmation email - please do not assume you can take the test without having first received this email. Check-in is from 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.in the Testing Center (other than 2/24/17), located in the Student Center, room 234, Gordon State College, 419 College Drive, Barnesville. (map) The test begins at 9:00 a.m. Students arriving late may not be allowed to test.
$50.00 cash or money order only is required on the day of testing; SAT fee waivers may not be used for an Institutional SAT exam. You may utilize our Online payment system, using a credit/debit card - an additional $3 is added to the cost for processing fee.
If you qualify for accommodations in testing due to a disability, please contact our office in advance to make the necessary arrangements.
Things to Remember:
- You must bring a PICTURE ID in order to take the test
- Please bring two sharpened #2 pencils
- You must provide your own calculator. Gordon State College cannot provide calculators
- To view calculators permitted for the ISAT visit : SAT Calculator Policy
- Please do not bring other personal belongings
- SAT® On-Campus Student Guide and Getting Ready for the SAT - we encourage you to read these
- We administer the older version of the SAT exam and do not include the essay section
- The test will take approximately 3 ½ - 4 hours. Scores will be mailed the following business day. Test scores are only valid for Gordon State College and are not transferable to other colleges.
Additional SAT® Resources
- Community Education Test Prep Courses (SAT Prep)
- Practice Test
- Getting Ready for the SAT®
- Mometrix Academy
"The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one." - Malcolm Forbes