ACCUPLACER® Placement Exam
Accuplacer® is a college placement exam that tests reading, writing, and math (algebra) skills. It is a computerized exam that may be required of: non-traditional freshmen or readmit students who apply to Gordon State College; GED, homeschooled applicants or beginning freshmen who have a Required High School Curriculum deficiency. Dual Enrollment applicants may now take the Accuplacer exam as part of their application process. The first exam is free for Gordon applicants.
Gordon Applicants and Readmits: You must check in at Admissions (Lambdin Hall) prior to testing; confirm with the Admissions office (678-359-5021) that this exam is required as part of your application process and then call the Testing Center for an appointment (678-359-5138). If you are required to take all three sections of the Accuplacer® (Elementary Algebra, Reading Comprehension and WritePlacer®) please allow yourself 2 hours for testing. Algebra and Reading Comprehension exams are untimed and you are allowed 60 minutes for WritePlacer - all testing is on a computer.
Testing for Another College or for Employment Purposes: A $20 fee applies - please call the office for an appointment (cash or money order) or you may pay online. Please come directly to the Testing Center - Student Center 234.
- An appointment is required.
- Those taking the test must show a PICTURE ID to take the test.
- Paper and pencils will be provided for all test takers. A calculator is embedded in the exam; you may not use your own calculator.
- Children are not allowed in the testing room and cannot be left alone outside of the area.
- If you are a Gordon applicant, check in the Admissions Office first (Lambdin Hall) prior to testing
- If you are testing for another school or for employment purposes, please schedule an appointment and come directly to the Testing Center (Student Center 234)
- www.khanacademy.org - Khan Academy (Firefox appears to work best)
Please call if you have any questions or for an appointment: 678-359-5138