- What is Highlander Registration?
- Who will use Highlander Registration?
- Will I still need to see my advisor and follow my time ticket to register?
- Can I use Highlander Registration only during the time in which I am allowed to register?
- Where do I locate Highlander Registration?
- What are the basic steps of using Highlander Registration?
- Returning Students: I need more help using Highlander Registration.
- New Students: How do I register for the first time with Highlander Registration?
- New Students: What classes do I need to take my first semester?
- Who can I contact for help with Highlander Registration?
Highlander Registration is a tool that will assist Gordon State College students in the registration process. This tool, housed inside of Banner Web, will allow students to generate possible schedules based upon selected courses that they plan to enroll in. The students can also build in breaks around their own personal obligations. This tool will help to ensure that students select a schedule of courses that fits their needs.
Highlander Registration is a tool that will be used by students who are able to self-register. Groups that do not self-register (and perhaps are registered by a faculty or staff member) will not use Highlander Registration at this time.
Yes- students will still need to see their advisor each semester in order to be unlocked to register using Highlander Registration. Students will also be given a time ticket of a range of dates/times in which they will be able to register.
Not exactly. While you can only actually register for classes during your time ticket, you can use the schedule creation tools to search possible schedules before your time ticket opens.
Highlander Registration is housed inside of BannerWeb.
- On the Gordon State College webpage, choose “My Gordon” in the top middle of the page.
- Choose “Banner Web Log In”
- Input your GCID (929 number) and your pin. If you do not know your pin, choose “Forgot Pin”
- After logging in, choose “Student”- “Registration”- “Highlander Registration”
The basic steps of Highlander Registration can be found using the links below (PDF and Video Files).
More specific guides to Highlander Registration can be found using the links below (PDF and Video Files).
- Guide to Highlander Registration (PDF)
- Guide to Highlander Registration (Video)
- Use the table of contents to move to different areas of the video. Choose the list icon on the bottom right to minimize the table of contents.
New students will also use Highlander Registration to register for classes for the first time. Their process, however, will be slightly different because they will have pre-loaded courses within their account. As a new student, you should have received a notification from Gordon State College describing the classes you are to register for. That notification should also state if you have learning support requirements. If you have learning support requirements, please use the "New Students with Learning Support Requirements" video below. If you do not have learning support requirements, please use the "New Students without Learning Support Requirements" video below.
- New Students with Learning Support Requirements Video
- New Students without Learning Support Requirements Video
New students will need to know what classes they are to take and why. While they will be assigned to an advisor once classes begin, new students may find the following advising videos helpful. These videos discuss what classes students should take as well as important information they need to know as first time college students.
- New Students with Learning Support Requirements Advising Video
- New Students without Learning Support Requirements Advising Video
You may consider speaking with your advisor regarding the registration process. If you have specific difficulty with Highlander Registration, however, you may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to provide your full name, GCID (929 number) and a detailed description of the issue.