Creating an Electronic Signature
- Click ‘Electronic Signature’ box
- If you have created a Digital Signature previously, you can select that signature from the ‘Sign As menu. Otherwise, continue with the following directions to create a new signature.
- Select ‘New ID…’ from the ‘Sign As’ menu
- Select ‘A new digital ID I want to create now’ then click ‘Next’
- Select ‘New PKCS#12 digital ID file’ then click ‘Next’
- Input your information (Name, Organizational Unit, Organization Name, and Email Address). Click ‘Next.’
- Type your desired password in the two ‘Password’ boxes and click ‘Finish.’
- Once your Digital Signature has been created, you can sign the document by selecting your signature from the ‘Sign As’ menu, enter your password, and select ‘Sign.’
- You will be prompted to save your signed document. This is the file that you will email to the next approver.