Coming This Semester...
Press the power button for more information
2017 STUDENT LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Gordon State College Campus in Barnesville, GA
The purpose of the Student Leadership Conference is to provide a supportive positive experience that will empower individuals to become effective leaders. The conference will serve as a resource that emphasizes a welcoming environment to support a flow of ideas to challenge students to establish high goals towards their career development.
Click here for official rules for the 2017 Student Leadership Conference Logo Contest ___________________________________________________________________
Career Exploration Small Group Discussions
Have you decided on a major?
Questions about your options or the next (and required) steps you must take to achieve your goal?
Join us is a small group setting to discuss your decision of major, your career options as well as any other questions that you have on how Career Services may help you.
** This is also a great way for GFYE students to meet the requirements for their course.
College Central Network® works with our Career Services Center to help you launch your career, providing vital online job search recources that will allow you to:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Gordon State College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements and upcoming events including Workshops and Job Fairs.
- Access career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
All Gordon State Students are pre-registered with College Central Network® so click on either link, complete your profile and start exploring all of the amazing things College Central can do for you!!
Students click here to begin the Career Exploration process!!
Also, check out....
Meet the Career Services Center staff.
Utilize the Library and find helpful resources and tips for choosing a career that's right for you!
View all on campus job listings submitted by companies nationwide!
Click here to view Hot Links to numberous job search sites and resources.
The mission of the Career Services Center is to provide a variety of career services that are designed to:
- Guide student career exploration and facilitating holistic career decision-making.
- Connect employers to students and the campus community, effectively promoting employment opportunities.
- Promote career development as an integral component of the university experience, integrating career into academic and co-curricular efforts.
- Teach the essential skills to seek and maintain meaningful employment.
- Communicate the importance of experiential learning in all its forms to students and coordinating internship and community service opportunities.
|CONTACT THE CAREER SERVICES CENTER|
Career Services Center