DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES??
The Career Services Center is looking to find an amazing intern to join our team for the Fall 2017 semester!
Do you love Social Media?
Learning Something New Everyday?
If you said yes, then this is the position for you!!
Successful candidates will work alongside our team to gain an understanding of all the resources Career Services has available to our students, and then find fun and effective ways to inform students through the use of social media and creative marketing.
So, if you are the next amazing addition to the Career Services Team, click on the link below for the full job description and how to apply.
Application Deadline is May 15th!
It's Almost the End of the Semester Everyone!!
Here are just a few of the Career Services Center many successes that took place in Spring 2017!!
Education majors met with employers from 20 surrounding counties to showcase their talents and career-readiness as Gordon State teachers!
Speed Networking and Professional Headshots
Students attending this information workshop learned to better tailor their “elevator speech”, develop skills, and gain materials to better market themselves.
Resume Walk-In Day – Every Friday
Every Friday Career Services hosts Drop In Resume Days – students have been taking advantage of our staff’s expertise in keeping their resumes refreshing and exceptional!
Business and Public Service Fair
More than 20 employers visited our campus in March to network with our Business and Public Service students, recruiting for interns, volunteers, and potential employees!
Employers returned to campus to help our students practice and master their interview skills and technique. Students discovered what hiring employers are looking for in a recent graduate to prepare themselves for post-college life.
2017 Student Leadership Conference
Career Services hosted Gordon State College’s first annual Student Leadership Conference in April. Students and professors spoke about important aspects of developing leadership skills and professionalism!
Georgia Association of Colleges and Employers (GACE) Career Fair
Students from around the state of Georgia flocked to the 12th Annual GACE Career Fair, host to more than 100 hiring employers and graduate schools. Our students represented Gordon extremely well – from their outfits, networking skills, and polished resumes!
College Central Network® works with our Career Services Center to help you launch your career, providing vital online job search recources that will allow you to:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Gordon State College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements and upcoming events including Workshops and Job Fairs.
- Access career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
All Gordon State Students are pre-registered with College Central Network® so click on either link, complete your profile and start exploring all of the amazing things College Central can do for you!!
Students click here to begin the Career Exploration process!!
Also, check out....
Meet the Career Services Center staff.
Utilize the Library and find helpful resources and tips for choosing a career that's right for you!
View all on campus job listings submitted by companies nationwide!
Click here to view Hot Links to numberous job search sites and resources.
The mission of the Career Services Center is to provide a variety of career services that are designed to:
- Guide student career exploration and facilitating holistic career decision-making.
- Connect employers to students and the campus community, effectively promoting employment opportunities.
- Promote career development as an integral component of the university experience, integrating career into academic and co-curricular efforts.
- Teach the essential skills to seek and maintain meaningful employment.
- Communicate the importance of experiential learning in all its forms to students and coordinating internship and community service opportunities.
|CONTACT THE CAREER SERVICES CENTER|
Career Services Center