Payment Tips & Guidelines
- Students with enough financial aid or scholarships to pay for all charges will automatically have their schedules held. Do not assume that you are in this category. In Banner Web view Check Registration Status to see if aid has held your schedule or if you still owe money. Money owed must be paid by the appropriate deadline, or your schedule will be dropped.
- To confirm a credit card payment, you have four options:
- Navigate to the Banner Web MAIN MENU and click on 'Student Services & Financial Aid', then click the Registration Menu and then 'Registration Fee Assessment'. Select the term for which you are activating your financial aid. Verify your payment is shown as a 'Web Touchnet Payment' description on the Student Invoice Statement.
- Navigate to the Banner MAIN MENU click on 'Student Services & Financial Aid', then click Student Records, then 'Account Summary by Term'. Locate and verify that a Web Credit Card Payment (WEBC) detail code appears on your account for the desired term.
- Log into your Student Account Center from My Gordon webpage. Click Account Activity. Select the term of the transaction. Locate and verify that a Web Touchnet Payment with WEBC detail code appears on your account for the desired term.
- Log into your Student Account Center from My Gordon webpage. Click Payments. Click Payment History. Click View Report. Locate and verify that a Web Touchnet Payment with WEBC detail code appears on your account for the date of your transaction.
Some Advice on Making Credit Card Payments at Gordon State College
Gordon State College accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express for forms of payment.
For customer protection, many financial institutions track the spending patterns of their customers. If you normally use a debit card or credit card for small purchases such as gas or groceries, your card may be flagged so that it will not accept a large purchase. Students paying for tuition and other charges may spend over $2,000 on one transaction. Often we have found that a large transaction will be denied because a security suspension has been placed by the card holder's financial institution. There may be enough credit on the card account, but the payment will not go through until the financial institution clears it.
A few times we have students try to pay large tuition amounts online and on the same day have their cards denied when they tried to charge books in the Bookstore. A security alert was triggered for a possible stolen card. In this situation the financial institution must clear the error before the payment can be processed.
These protective measures cause congestion and can cause embarrassment to the students with the denied cards. To prevent this from happening, please contact your financial institution before you plan to pay fees at Gordon College. Let the institution representative know approximately how much you will be spending, and if applicable, tell that person that you will also be buying books with the card that same day. The company should be able to raise your individual transaction charge limit to prevent problems for you.