Types of Students
The Admissions process can be different depending on the type of student you will be applying as. Presently, the College accepts applications for admission from the following types of students:
- Beginning Freshman: A student who will graduate or who has graduated from high school within the last five years and had never attended another University/College.
- Transfer: A student who has attended a University/College and has transfer credit.
- Transient: A student from another college or university who wishes to enroll at Gordon State College for one term to complete credits for their home institution.
- MOWR: Move on When Ready student is someone who is still enrolled in high school who takes college credit to satisfy high school requirements and earn college credit at the same time.
- Non-Traditional: A student who graduated high school or would have graduated high school, more than five years ago.
- GED: A student who has taken the GED (General Education Diploma)
- Adult Learner: A student who has been out of high school for more than 5 years.
- Home Schooled: A student who graduated from an independent educational program, not associated with the public school system.
- Auditors: A student who is enrolled in a college course but recieves no college credit for the class.
- Honors: The Honors Program is designed to provide opportunities for academically talented students.
- International: A student whose citizenship is from another county. Students must meet basic admission requirements for their classification and may have to meet additional requirements based on their visa type.
- Non-Degree: A student without a baccalaureate degree who wish to enroll in classes, no more than 10 semester credit hours.
- Special: Also known as Post-Baccalaureate Students, are students who have recieved a Baccalaureate degree and are wishing to enroll in undergraduate courses and recieve college credit.
- Re-Admit/Former: Students who have attended Gordon State College previously and returning to Gordon State College.
- Nursing: ASN or BSN program at Gordon State College
- Education: Early Childhood Education program.