Applicants are considered transfer students if they have enrolled in at least one other college, university or technical college prior to applying to Gordon State College irrespective of the college credit received.
- Application for Admissions and $30 fee
- Official Transcripts from all Colleges and Technical Colleges attended
- Immunization Record
- Official High School Transcript (only required for students with less than 30 transferable semester hours)
All transcripts must be Official in order to gain acceptance.
Failure to list and submit an official transcript from any institution previously attended subjects the applicant to strict disciplinary action.
To qualify for admissions to Gordon State College a transfer student with 30 or more transferable hours must be eligible to return to the most recent college or university attended. If the student is not eligible to return or was dismissed he or she must gain an acceptance from the Gordon State College Admissions Committee.
Applicants with fewer than 30 transferable hours will be required to meet the admission requirements of beginning freshmen.
For more information you can contact the Office of Admissions at 678-359- 5021.
Limitations on Transfer Credit
Students seeking to transfer course work to Gordon State College must be aware that the transfer of credit is subject to the limitations listed below:
- Only credit earned in regionally accredited collegiate institutions may be transferred to Gordon State College.
- Courses transferred from technical colleges in Georgia which are accredited by the Commission on Colleges (COC) of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools may be viewed at this link: Transfer credit accepted from COC accredited Technical College System of Georgia institutions (pdf)
- Courses in which a grade of D was earned will be transferred only if non-transfer Gordon College students are allowed to use a grade of D toward degree credit for that course.
- No more than 42 semester hours of combined transfer credit from all sources will be accepted toward an Associate Degree.
- Credit is not awarded for passing the General Education Development Test (GED).
- If approved by the Admissions Committee, students transferring to Gordon State College after having been suspended or placed on probation by their former institution shall enter on academic probation and shall be subject to Gordon State College's academic standards.
- Students transferring to Gordon State College from other University System schools will be required to complete all Learning Support areas that they have not exited. Transferring to Gordon will not relieve students from Learning Support requirements placed on them by another University System institution.
- Transfer students completing high school within five years of the beginning of the semester for which admission is sought will be required to complete College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) requirements not satisfied in high school or at the previous institution. Transferring to Gordon will not relieve students from CPC requirements. (See pages 17-21 for additional information regarding College Preparatory Curriculum.)
Transfer Credit Equivalencies
Click on the link below for information on transfer course equivalencies from other colleges and universities to Gordon State College. The list of courses and the colleges/universities shown are not a final or complete listing. View this site often for updated information.