Gordon State College Federal School Code is: 001575
Application Procedures for New Students
Welcome to Gordon State College!
- If you are interested in applying for federal student aid (Pell, SEOG, College Work-Study and/or Loans) you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- It takes approximately 2 weeks for the office of financial aid to receive the results of the application. This time is shortened considerably if you sign the application electronically. All the instructions are located at the above website.
- Once Gordon State receives the results from your FAFSA, you may have to submit some additional documentation if your application is selected by the Department of Education for verification. You will be notified via Gordon email and can submit all information on our secure website. Verification does lengthen the time to process a student's file; therefore, it is imperative that you respond immediately with all requested documentation.
- Note: Male students must register with the Selective Service System.
- If you are applying for HOPE or Zell Miller scholarships only, you need to complete the GSFAPPS application. Once you complete this application you generally will not need to reapply for the HOPE Scholarship as long as you remain eligible.
- If you are a recent High School Graduate click here for instructions on how to view your HOPE GPA on GAfutures.
- To apply for a loan: All federal student loans (subsidized, unsubsidized and parent) processed at GSC will be Federal Direct loans. Once your FAFSA is received and all other processing requirements have been met, you will be offered the maximum loan eligibility limits based on federal guidelines. At that time you will then need to log into your Banner Web and accept loan funds you are wishing to receive. You will also need to go to the Direct Loan website at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action to complete a required Master Promissory Note (MPN) and entrance counseling.
Note: Male students must register with the Selective Service System.
For questions please email the Financial Aid Department at finaid.gordonstate.edu. You also can call our Financial Aid call center at 678-359-5990 or email the office at email@example.com. Please know during busy times, the wait time can be lengthy.
Tools and Resources
- Financial Aid Overview
- Types of Aid
- Types of Students
- Applying for Aid
- Your Aid Status
- Consumer Information
- Other Information
Release of Information
The Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Buckley Admendment) limits the type of information the Financial Aid & Veteran Affairs Office can release to third parties. Therefore, information regarding eligibility for aid, including type(s) and amount(s) of aid awarded is released only to the student applicant. Since an individual's identity cannot be verified by telephone, no information regarding aid awarded can be given over the phone.