Quick Links    My Gordon    Site Map    Facebook  Twitter  YouTube  RSS Feeds
A state college in the University System of Georgia
financialaid-sidebar FinancialAid-slider

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Gordon College Federal School Code?

The Gordon College Federal School Code is 001575. This information will be needed by students completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?

Yes. To receive federal financial aid, the FAFSA must be completed every year.

Does Financial Aid transfer between schools?

No. A student must apply for financial aid at the school he or she will be attending by adding its Federal School Code to your FAFSA.

How do I know if my documents have been received?

You can view your award status in your Banner Web Account. After logging in, click on the "Financial Aid" Link, then "My Eligibility", then "Student Requirements", then "Select Aid Year". You can view which requirements have been received and which are still outstanding.

How will I know when I have been awarded financial aid?

You can view your award status in your Banner Web Account. After logging in, click on the "Financial Aid" Link, then "My Award Information", then "Award  By Aid Year", then "Award Overview".

If I am a transient student coming to Gordon, can I get HOPE?

If you are interested in attending Gordon as a transient student and are eligible for the HOPE scholarship at your current institution, you may be eligible to receive payment for your classes at Gordon.

In order to determine your eligibility for payment, you must have the Financial Aid Office at your current institution submit a HOPE Scholarship Eligibility Certificate for Transient Study to the Gordon College Financial Aid Office. This document determines your HOPE scholarship eligibility status. You will not be awarded your HOPE Scholarship funds until this document is received and your eligibility is verified.

What happens when I withdraw from a class or classes?

If you withdraw from a class or classes after the drop add period, the hours you drop will count as attempted hours for financial aid purposes.  Your financial aid award will not be adjusted and you will not be required to pay any money back to Gordon College. However, this could negatively impact your financial aid eligibility in the future. For more information on this, refer to the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy on our website.

The hours also count toward the HOPE checkpoints. Hope is based on attempted hours, not earned hours.

If you totally withdraw from school (after the semester has begun) and received financial aid during that semester, you may owe some money back to either Gordon College and/or the appropriate federal or state agency.

What is a 30 day loan delay?

All first time loan recipients at Gordon State are required to wait 30 days from the beginning of their first semester of enrollment before their loan proceeds are released.